Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday was mine and Brad's 5 year anniversary.  It feels like time has gone by so fast, but on the same hand it seems like we've been together forever.  It's hard to remember what life was like without him.  I couldn't ask for a more perfect fit for me.  He is a great man. 
You know probably my favorite thing about our marriage is just how happy we are together. And it's not like "a show" (you know how you think some people are happy together, but behind doors they are not).  We are just genuinely happy and in love and I couldn't ask for more. I love being in a marriage where you can completely trust your spouse, it is so NICE not having to have jealousy or trust issues in my life.  I feel like he's got my back more than anyone else, and he will do anything to make me happy.  It is so nice having a marriage that is not full of stress, but instead is one that makes you a better person.  I believe that is how a marriage should be.  A uniting of two people who are better together than they are apart. And I definately feel that way about Brad.
Brad has definately made me better than I was before.  He has this way of calming me.  I had some huge trust issues before I met him and I really didn't think I'd ever get over them.  But I jdon't have those issues anymore. Another thing that he has changed in me is that before I met him I considered myself a farely emotional person.  And now I am not.  I was thinking about it the other day and I really can't remember the last time I cried or that we argued.  I would venture to say I have maybe cried only once during this whole pregnancy.  And it's really because I don't have anything to cry about.  He just takes good care of me.  Don't get me wrong, I have my days where I'm strung out, stressed, or my kids are ripping on my last nerve. But I'm still happy, you know? I guess because those are just little things and little things are easy to deal with when you don't have any underlying issues.  To me that is a huge blessing. So I just want to say thanks Brad for making this the best five years of my life, I look forward to many more together!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Anniversary!! You two are perfect for each other.

Kimberly said...

Congratulations! A good day to be married - yesterday was mine and Danen's 8 year anniversary. :)

Linda said...

A mother just loves to say "I told you so" or "I was right" or "Just as I predicted".
I remember when you thought Brad might propose to you and you were so scared because you knew that you loved him and didn't want to lose him but you thought you were to messed up and needed time to heal yourself.
And I remember I told you that you were right you did have some pretty big wounds, but you would heal better and faster with Brad than without him.
I just love it when I was right..........oh and I love Brad too.

Unknown said...

Nina

You make me the happiest man alive. Thanks for the sweet blog.

Love you dearly

Brad

Unknown said...

Nina

You make me the happiest man alive. Thanks for the sweet blog. I couldn't have ever imagined a more perfect wife. I look forward to coming home to you and our family every single day.

Love you dearly

Brad

Erin Rial said...

Happy Anniversary! You are such a lucky girl, Nina!! I look up to you both so much!